Job Posting - Maintenance Manager
February 7, 2017
Key Accountabilities and Scope:
The Whispering Pines Clinton Indian Band (Band) Maintenance Manager provides overall leadership and hands-on care for the maintenance and preservation of Band capital assets and facilities. Reporting to the Chief and Council, the Band Maintenance Manager will oversee all aspects of the maintenance, preservation and safety of Band assets, ensuring that all activities are conducted in a respectful and responsible way and that decisions and actions meet the wishes of Chief and Council, while complying with established policies and procedures.
General areas of responsibility include:
- Supervision – Supervise WPCIB employees and contractors responsible maintenance and water monitoring activities.
- Reporting – Log daily maintenance activities and report these activities to Chief and Council weekly.
- Housing – Prioritize and report to Chief and Council with estimated cost proposals for repairs and maintenance deemed necessary to provide suitable accommodation for the residents of the Band housing. Manage the contractors that perform the approved work, or self perform the work, as decided by Chief and Council and Maintenance Manager.
- Out Buildings - Prioritize and report to Chief and Council with estimated cost proposals for repairs and maintenance deemed necessary to preserve the Band’s assets. Manage the contractors that perform the approved work, or self perform the work, as decided by Chief and Council and Maintenance Manager.
- Roads and other Infrastructure – Submit and manage budgets and activities approved for maintenance of the roads and other infrastructure to ensure a safe environment for those residents and visitors.
- Water – Manage and maintain the water supply and testing program.
- Extensive experience in a management role, ideally for a First Nations organization, with responsibility for:
- Project management and delivery
- Human resources management and evaluation
- Supervision of unskilled labour
- Supervision of outside contractors
- Program evaluation
- Knowledge and hands on experience of construction and maintenance practices through a wide scope of disciplines including:
- Equipment operation
- Installation and repair of Windows and Doors
- Road building and maintenance
- Ability to establish good working relationships, both internally and with external stakeholders
- Ability to manage conflict using sound judgement
- Effective written communications skills, including the ability to prepare reports, estimate and budgets
- Experience as an intermediate user of the Internet and software applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrates a dedication to the role
- A valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
This is a full time / part time position. To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org